Friday, February 26, 2010

Creating The Human Connection In A Loving Relationship

  • Tell me often that you love me through your talk, your actions and your gestures. Don't assume that I know it. I may show signs of embarrassments and even deny that I need it,--but don't believe it, do it anyway.
  • Compliment me often for jobs well done and don't downgrade but reassure me when I fail. Don't take the many things I do for you for granted. Positive reinforcement and appreciation works toward making sure I repeat them.
  • Let me know when you feel low or lonely or misunderstood. It will make me stronger to know I have the power to comfort you. Feelings, unverbalized, can be destructive. Remember, though I love you, I still can't always read your mind.
  • Express joyous thoughts and feelings. They bring vitality to our relationship. It's wonderful to celebrate non birthdays, our own sweetest days. Give gifts without reason and hear you verbalize your happiness.
  • When you respond to me so I feel special, it will make up for all those who , during the day have passed me up without seeing me.
  • Validate what I feel by telling me that what I or feel is significant or real. If I see and feel it -- for me -- it's my experience an therefore important and real.
  • Listen to me without judgment or preconception. Being heard, like being seen is vital. If you truly see me and hear me as I am at the moment, it is a continued affirmation of my being as we help each other to change.
  • Touch me. Hold me. Hug me. My physical self is revitalized by loving non verbal communication.
  • Respect my silences. Alternatives for my problems, creativity, and my spirituality needs are most often realized in moments of quiet.
  • Let others know you value me. Public affirmation of our love makes me feel special and proud. It is good to share the joy of our relationship with others.
- Loving Each Other Through Communication, LOVING EACH OTHER (The Challenge of Human Relationships) -

2 comments:

greatchandeliers.com said...

You are master of love, how many years have your experience??thanks.

reynn said...

i am eh..wouldn't really say that..years.hmm..enough to know the clerk of works..thanks for the compliment ya...